Furryornot Petcare clients are responsible for ensuring their home is safe and secure for their pets before they leave. The Furryornot Pet Sitter is responsible for maintaining the safety of the home for the pets during their stay, and will do their utmost to ensure the pet remains safe and healthy.
• We will treat your pet with kindness and give it all the attention possible while we are at your home, or out on a dog-walk.
• We will provide pet visits between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. to provide as much flexibility as possible. Specific visit times are on a first come first serve basis.
• We will maintain your pets’ regular schedule as close as possible, particularly if medication is needed, but there may be some unavoidable time variance due to traffic and the needs of other pets in our care.
• We will ensure your pet is safe and your home is secure when we leave.
• We will notify you or your emergency contact if anything unexpected happens to your pet or home.
• If your pet suddenly needs serious medical attention we will take them to your vet or the local emergency clinic if you have authorized us to do so. In the event that you do not authorize us to do so it is imperative that you or your emergency contact can be contacted at any time.
• Any concerns by pet-owners will be addressed by the owner of Furryornot Petcare, and a refund or a future free visit will be offered as compensation if anything unexpected occurs at the fault of the pet-sitter to cause the pet to suffer.
Furryornot Petcare would like to post photos and videos of your pet(s) on our Twitter, Facebook, and blog pages, but only with your permission. The pet’s name and any interesting or entertaining stories about the pet, breed, or species will be shared with Furryornot followers. Personal information about you or your home will never be posted.
Key pick-up is free within Abbotsford. If needed, an arrangement can be made to pick up the key outside of Abbotsford but a mileage surcharge of $0.40/kilometer will be added to the pet-sitting bill (please note that this may not be possible due to scheduling conflicts or if extensive drive time is required). Keys can be kept on file with Furryornot Petcare for convenience. Keys will be kept safe, under lock and key, and coded to ensure privacy. With your approval, we would prefer to keep an extra copy available should the original key get misplaced to ensure we can enter your home on our next pet visit as scheduled.
If the pet does get injured or becomes ill during the pet-sitting engagement Furryornot Petcare will contact your pet’s veterinarian, and take the pet in for treatment if needed, with the permission of you or your emergency contact. Additional charges may apply depending on the length of treatment, drive time, and any additional care-time required by the vet. It is recommended that you inform your veterinarian that Furryornot Petcare will be caring for your pet while you are away, particularly for any pets with existing medical conditions. If possible, please provide a letter of consent to confirm that Furryornot Pet Sitters are allowed to bring in your pet and any unavoidable emergency care is authorized in advance.
We accept cash, cheques, Interac e-Transfers via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can pay with your Paypal account when you receive your Paypal invoice via e-mail.
For one-time visits, single or two-day engagements the cost of the visits must be paid in full by the first visit. For longer pet-sitting engagements, more than two (2) days, a minimum of 50 % of the projected visit is due by the first pet visit. The rest of the payment should be made within seven (7) days of the client’s return home, or as indicated on the invoice, in person by cheque, cash, online via Paypal, or Interac e-Transfers via e-mail to email@example.com. Bi-weekly or monthly payment schedules can be negotiated for long-term dog-walking or mid-day pee break engagements after the first payment is made.
If the payments are not made as agreed then Furryornot Petcare services will stop. A request will be sent to the customer to pay what is owed including any insufficient funds charges incurred due to cheques bouncing, other processing charges, or bank fees within thirty (30) days of notification. If you would like our services to resume you will need to pay any outstanding amount owed, as well as any future visits in advance.
Please allow as much time as possible to process your cancellation. If you are cancelling the day of the visit due to an emergency please call or text 604-302-1780 (text is preferred) as soon as possible. If the pet-sitter is notified within 24 hours or the initial pet visit, is already on the way to your home, or has already arrived, you will be billed a minimum charge of $25.00 to cover our time and travel costs ($15.00 for dog walking clients who regularly schedule 1 or more dog walks each week).
‘My Neighbourhood’ RATE
If you are located in eastern Abbotsford within the following area you are eligible for a reduced rate per visit or walk: • east of McCallum road • south of Clayburn Road • west of No. 3 Road • north of the Canadian/U.S. border
Extra Travel Charge:
If you live a bit farther out we charge an extra travel fee, in order to help cover the extra drive time and gas required for each trip. This affects residents of west Abbotsford/Aldergrove, Mission, and Chilliwack that live in the following areas: West Abbotsford/Aldergrove – west of Bradner Road (note: we do not typically go farther west than 272nd) Mission – north of Dewdney Truck/Egglestone, west of Hurd, or east of Draper St./Dewdney Truck (Hatzic) Chilliwack – east of Evans Road
In Home Pet sitting, on-leash Dog walking, and House sitting Services in Abbotsford, Mission, and Chilliwack BC